EIT RawMaterials Alumni user agreement
Welcome to our online platform. It is made available as a networking and communications tool that allows you to:
- Connect with fellow EIT RawMaterials Alumni
- Network with like-minded thinkers and professionals
- Find out about events, opportunities and jobs in our sector
- Collaborate on initiatives
By using this service you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age and are agreeing to this user agreement.
If you do not agree with our user agreement, please do not join the site or access or otherwise use our Service.
This is an online networking platform managed by the EIT RawMaterials Alumni Manager and Alumni Board. EIT RawMaterials Alumni oversaw the development of the platform and are the point of contact for compliance queries.
Fulbrighter is intended to further the objectives of the Fulbright community by providing enhanced online communication and networking functionality for Fulbrighters.
When you use this platform, you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
2. Safe use and social media do’s and don’ts
EIT RawMaterials Alumni makes every effort to ensure that this service is safe to use and that the details contained on the site are accurate. But it is not possible to guarantee that everything will be secure all the time.
In order to reduce the risk of something going wrong, please observe the following rules on safe use.
You agree to:
- Set up your profile using your real name
- Make sure that all other information used in your profile is accurate and kept up to date
- Observe all the applicable legal requirements in your jurisdiction. These include but are not limited to laws on privacy, libel, fraud, intellectual property and anti-spam
- Behave on the site in a courteous, honest, truthful, professional and entirely appropriate manner
- Be respectful of other cultures, religions and values
- Respect the intellectual property rights or copyrights of others
- Remember that material posted online is often difficult to remove entirely, so only post content that you are unlikely to regret later.
You agree not to:
- Create a profile using a false identity
- Create more than one profile
- Create a profile for a third party
- Share your password or let any other individual access your account
- Misrepresent your academic or professional details
- Act dishonestly or inappropriately
- Upload content that is malicious, intimidating, vulgar, violent, obscene, libellous or discriminatory
- Upload confidential information the disclosure of which could be harmful or illegal
- Upload content that contains viruses or other harmful code
- Disclose or share information or content obtained from other users without their express consent. This includes but is not limited to personal email addresses, phone numbers and credit card details
- Harass, intimidate, bully, threaten or stalk another user
- Use the site to disseminate spam
- Use the site to perpetrate any form of fraud or criminal activity
3. Privacy and confidentiality
Your privacy and confidentiality are very important to us. We treat your personal information very seriously and endeavour to comply with all applicable data protection legislation.
We collect personal information when you register your account and as you use the service. This can include who you engage with and how you engage with them and the types of content you view or share.
By registering on the site, you acknowledge and agree that we may access and store your personal information anywhere in the world.
We will do everything possible to keep your data secure, but we cannot guarantee total security and any postings to the site are entirely at your own risk and we cannot be held liable.
The personal information you provide is owned by you and you may ask us to correct or delete any such information at any time.
4. Copyright and sharing Your content
You own all the content and information you post on the site, but you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content or information you post.
You agree to only post content or information that does not violate the law or anyone’s intellectual property rights
The content and information you provide will be displayed to other users of the platform. In publishing content or information to the site, you are allowing access and use of that information by others (including people off the site) and allowing them to associate it with you, your name and profile. We are not responsible for any misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post.
Please bear in mind that any content that you delete may continue to exist online to the extent it has been shared or accessed by others.
5. Other users’ content and rights
You will not take any action on the site which infringes or violates the rights of another user.
We can remove any content you post if we reasonably believe that it infringes the rights of another user.
You may not defame, stalk, bully, harass, threaten or intimidate another user.
If you collect information from other users, you will explain how you intend to use the information and obtain their express consent.
6. Mobile devices
If you access the site using a mobile device, you will incur your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as data charges.
You give consent for other users to synchronize content posted by you to their mobile devices.
7. Disclaimer, limitation of liability and indemnification
You use this platform at your own risk. We provide the service without express or implied warranties of merchantibility and fitness for purpose. We do not guarantee that the site will be safe, secure, error-free or that it will function without interruption.
EIT RawMaterials Alumni shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental consequential or punitive damages arising from (but not limited to) loss of data, opportunities and reputation from using the service.
EIT RawMaterials Alumni is not responsible for the actions, content or data of third parties and you release us, our commissioners, directors, officers, managers, employees and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown.
You acknowledge and agree that EIT RawMaterials Alumni has no obligation to monitor or take any action with respect to user content. But we do reserve the right to edit the site and delete any user content for any reason and without notice to users. You agree that EIT RawMaterials Alumni has no responsibility or liability in connection with your use of any user content.
Should anyone bring a claim against EIT RawMaterials Alumni related to your actions, content or information, you will indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such a claim.
Our aggregate liability for all claims shall in no case exceed the amount of £100.
Fulbright intellectual property
You may not use or register any name, logo or other intellectual property of the Fulbright Commission or of this platform unless express permission has been requested and granted.
Links to other sites
We do not endorse or accept responsibility for the content of any third party website. Links to other websites are used solely at your own risk.
You agree that we may place ‘cookies’ on your browser to provide us with information about your use of the site and to facilitate your navigation around the site and store your preferences. Furthermore, you agree that we may collect technical data about your usage of the site in order that we may continue to improve the services we offer.
9. Changes to this Policy or to the level of service
We reserve the right to amend this user agreement from time to time. In the event that we make significant changes, we will notify you by an email to your primary email address. In order to keep yourself abreast of less important changes, we would ask that you review the current version of this agreement from time to time.
We further reserve the right to change, extend or reduce the scope of the service we are providing. This may include us suspending or ending part or all of the service.
We are not providing a storage service. We do not commit to continuing to store or display any information or content you have posted to the site. You agree that we have no obligation to store and maintain your data. Nor are we obliged to provide you with copies of any of your content except to the extent required by applicable law.
Either party to this agreement may end it at any time. If we choose to delete your account, we will notify you by email or the next time you attempt to access the site.
To the extent that you have shared content and information through the site, other members retain the right to re-share that content even after termination of your agreement with us.
11. Dispute resolution
Disputes between you and this networking platform are very unlikely. However, were such a dispute to arise, you agree that German law will apply and that the dispute will be settled in the German Courts.
12. Contacting Us
If you want to send us notices or other communication, please contact us at [email protected]or by post at:
EIT RawMaterials GmbH